What we treat
Whether you’re an individual, a family member, or a professional care provider dealing with the challenge of an eating disorder, Blue Horizon’s staff is here to help. Our experienced staff can provide guidance and treatment for a full spectrum of eating disorder including, but not limited to:
- Anorexia nervosa
- Bulimia nervosa
- Binge eating disorder
- Avoidant restrictive food intake disorder
- Other specified feeding or eating disorders
And the expanding area of other specified feeding or eating disorders, including:
- Purging disorder
Who we are
Blue Horizon Eating Disorder Treatment Center is:
- Exclusively committed to the professional treatment of those suffering from eating disorders and moving them towards full recovery.
- Treatment is guided by a consistent philosophy that each client can have an empowered life free of the eating disorder.
- Healing can be achieved through the supportive relationships developed with other individuals within the group setting
- Our staff demonstrates expertise and experience through the individualized services provided utilizing the latest research.
- We offer a multidisciplinary approach focusing on coordination of care to meet the medical, nutritional, and psychological needs of those we treat.
Our specialized approach to treatment is designed to help you identify and understand your current situation. We’ll help you overcome eating disorders and negative behaviors while empowering you to restore balance to your life.
Treatment includes group and personal therapy, family sessions, meal support and experiential therapies, including:
- Kula for Karma Yoga
Blue Horizon offers two levels of care to meet your needs:
- Intensive Outpatient Program – 3 hours per day, 3 days per week
- Partial Hospitalization Program – 5 hours per day, 4 days a week, and includes individual therapy, psychiatry and work with a dietitian
Our case management services are available to those needing assistance coordinating care options.
“Since 2009, Blue Horizon has been providing exceptional care for those struggling with eating disorders and has built a widely-respected program in Central Florida.”
– Dr. Kevin Wandler, ARS Chief Medical Officer.
Blue Horizon has been chosen as a “Top Pick Treatment Center” by www.theravive.com – a network of mental health practitioners representing thousands of credentialed therapists and psychologists. Theravive’s mission is to facilitate a quick connection between an individual in need of help, and professionals who can provide mental health support.